Thursday, September 29, 2005

2 days to go. (in the valley)

Dosmo Pizzo: You better tell him I'm not fucking around, Susan.
Susan Parish: He's not fucking around.


In the interests of transparency, I will inform you that I am using IMDB to open most of these posts with a movie quote. Seems appropriate. I don't want anyone thinking that I just remember these quotes like some sort-of savant. I'm no savant... I'm not even an idiot. I am a messy eater though.

And speaking of 2 Days in the Valley, we only get two days in the valley but three days of the condor? And SEVEN days in may? Jesus, I might as well just kill myself.

I'm grateful for the positive feedback I've gotten from some people. It makes me feel not so crazy.

So here's what's in the queue: I'm planning on A History of Violence tomorrow, followed by Hotel Rwanda, Gates of Heaven, Seven Up, and Seven Plus Seven. There's some nice tangental linking going on there.

A shout-out to co-worker Chris Schneider who has a massive collection of rare horror and culty movies. I asked him if he could loan me ten really obscure movies for the times when Netflix hasn't kept up with me. He asked, "Like, what, like Night of the Bloody Apes?" I could only laugh and say, "That's exactly right." I didn't even know there was a movie named Night of the Bloody Apes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy, dont have any other way to get in contact with you, so here, might try to get your hands on this film, its showing at a second run theater here in NYC, thought of you and your quest...

Samul

Sat Oct 1
10PM
NIGHT OF THE DAY OF THE DAWN OF THE SON OF THE BRIDE OF THE RETURN OF
THE REVENGE OF THE TERROR OF THE ATTACK OF THE EVIL, MUTANT, ALIEN,
FLESH-EATING, HELLBOUND, ZOMBIFIED LIVING DEAD PART 2: IN SHOCKING 2-D
Lots of zombies!
http://pioneertheater.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=32243

In 1991 filmmaker Jim Riffel took George Romero's classic horror film,
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, wiped out the soundtrack, and re-dubbed it as
a comedy. He also edited in several of his own short films and odd
clips and gave the film an unforgettable but impossible to remember
title, NIGHT OF THE DAY OF THE DAWN OF THE SON OF THE BRIDE OF THE
RETURN OF THE REVENGE OF THE TERROR OF THE ATTACK OF THE EVIL, MUTANT,
HELLBOUND, FLESH-EATING, CRAWLING, ZOMBIFIED LIVING DEAD, PART 2. He
then sent out 500 VHS copies to video stores. The entire "production"
was done on a lark and Riffel quickly forgot about the film. But the
movie struck a chord with film fans and in the mid-90's word about the
movie began to spread through the internet. Fans began to make copies
of copies of copies and websites popped up devoted to the film. The
movie has now been tracked to over 15 countries including Korea, Japan,
Germany, Egypt, Mexico and Australia and the cult continues to grow.
(dir. Jim Riffel, etc., 90 mins, 1991, etc.)

Anonymous said...

If you can dig up this from obscurity, love to see it reviewed. (check the deep dark corner of your local mom and pop vid store)

-MJE

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/thechildren/index.html

THE CHILDREN
Rated R
Copyright 1980 Albright Films.

"Ravensback's children have been turned into deadly killers by the contaminated cloud! With wane complexions and black fingernails they are seeking out and killing anyone they can find. Mere contact with those soiled hands causes flesh to crisp and peel away from the body!"

M. Gants v4.0 said...

Night of the Bloody Apes....oh man. Giddy as a school girl I am.

Anonymous said...

hey, three days of the condor is a good movie!! :)

Quiggy said...

I found your blog using the "next blog" option and found the idea intriguing enough to start at the beginning. I still don't know what criteria you are going to use to determine what to see, but the idea works for me.

My tastes in movies span the eclectic globe and I have seen some pretty obscure movies on late night TV that kept my interest despite the ridiculous story line. I.E. "Sole Survivor", a T.V. movie with William Shatner which has to be seen to be believed.

It will take me a few days to catch up, and I will be adding comments where something occurs to me to speak up, but I congratulate you on the enormity of the project. Hope you don't get one where all you can say is "It sucks."

Winthrop J. Quiggy

DMW said...

Winthrop: I'm mostly picking movies at random. I recently got netflix and filled my queue with over 300 movies I've always wanted to see out of curiosity, or it's supposedly a great movie, or other reasons.

Thanks for reading.