Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Serendipitous Mystery

Coincidentally got around to Bringing Up Baby last night and it cured what ailed me.

Today I've been taken by two things: This feature on Reverse Shot Online in which their writers watch canonical films they've somehow missed through the years (something close to this blog's heart). I remembered that I've never seen the original King Kong all the way through (when I was a kid I was too impatient for anything that didn't feature Kong or the Dinosaurs) thanks to this feature. I think I'll do a Kong-a-thon sometime around the release of the new movie.

The other thing I'm taken with today (directly related to reading this feature) is finding movies I've never even heard of. With the exception of The Nesting, I think every single movie on this site I'd heard of in some capacity before watching it. Hence, an upcoming film on the queue is Monsters Crash the Pajama Party. I'm entertaining all suggestions, but if you post something, don't let me know what the movie's like or about or anything... just post the title and the year it was made. I'll see if I can find it if it's a new one to me.

4 comments:

Ted said...

I strongly suggest (if you haven't seen it) "Koyaanisqatsi".


The very essence of seeing the familiar in unfamiliar ways.

John Dedeke said...

THE DOG WHO STOPPED THE WAR -- further proof that Canadians are permanently fixated on adolescent melodrama.

And it's got the most bitchin' snow fort ever put on celluloid.

Anonymous said...

That's so strange. I put "Monsters Crash the Pajama Partyon my netflix queue last night. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

Anonymous said...

said it before, ill say it again
'trapped in the closet chapters 1-12' r. kelly
doesn't take long to get through, you will never forget it.